Vernon and North Okanagan
Vernon cops take down grow-op
Nov 7, 2012 / 1:43 pm
RCMP in Vernon have shut down a marijuana grow operation.
Tuesday afternoon officers from the Vernon Detachment, working with BC Hydro, executed a search warrant on a house in the 1000 block of Mt. Begbie Drive.
The search located a hydro bypass in the residence and just under 900 marijuana plants in various stages of growth.
Nobody was at that house at the time the search was done.
The house has been posted under the city's drug by-law and power has been shut off to the home for safety reasons.
The file is still under investigation as our officers attempt locate the residents.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Driver in crash blows 3x over limit Jun 18
- Foothills' trash attracts problem bear Jun 18
- Tolko responds to teen's death Jun 18
- 'Greeks' investigation team honoured Jun 18
- Trap catches speeders Jun 17
- Two men sought after late night crash Jun 17
- Lavington mill death - teen ID'd Jun 17