Vernon and North Okanagan
Cops play eye-spy with thief
Nov 2, 2012 / 12:21 pm
A Vernon couple found themselves in the middle of a potentially bad situation Thursday evening.
Police were called to a home in the 5000 block of 27 Avenue shortly before 7 p.m. indicating a break and enter was in progress.
"When police arrived the 21-year-old caller and his girlfriend were out on the street," says RCMP spokesman, Gord Molendyk.
"They told police a male broke into their house and could still be seen inside their home."
Molendyk says police could see the suspect peering at them through a window.
Police entered the home, confronted the man and apprehended him without incident.
The 51-year-old Vernon man is expected to be charged with Break and Enter and Uttering Threats.
The suspect is well known to police.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Silver Star's own 'Running of the Bulls' Dec 11
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Salmon Arm Dec 10
- Water main breaks in Vernon Dec 10
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6