Vernon and North Okanagan
Trafficking teens nabbed with drugs
Oct 29, 2012 / 3:00 pm
Three North Okanagan teens are back home with their parents after being nabbed with various drugs and drug paraphernalia.
Police encountered the three after being called to a report of a suspicious vehicle in the 8700 block of Braeburn Place in Coldstream shortly before 4 p.m. last Friday.
As the officer was dealing with the occupants, he noticed a strong odour of marijuana.
All three individuals inside the black GMC pickup were arrested.
"In the vehicle, police located 14 bags of individually wrapped packages of cocaine, some MDMA, about 23 grams of marijuana, a quantity of hash, two cell phones, scales and other drug paraphernalia," says RCMP spokesman, Gord Molendyk.
The teens from Lumby (17) and Coldstream (16 and 15) are expected to face charges relating to drug trafficking.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Silver Star's own 'Running of the Bulls' Dec 11
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Salmon Arm Dec 10
- Water main breaks in Vernon Dec 10
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6