Vernon and North Okanagan
Prolific offender caught with the goods
Oct 25, 2012 / 2:11 pm
Vernon RCMP seized several thousand dollars in cash, drugs and stolen property Wednesday.
Police spokesman Gord Molendyk, says a 27-year-old Vernon man was nabbed on charges of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking.
Molendyk says during the course of the arrest the man was found to be in possession of approximately 63 grams of cocaine, five grams of heroin and methamphetamine and $4,600 in cash.
Police later raided a motor home associated with the suspect in the 3700 block of Pleasant Valley Road.
In the motor home, police recovered a stolen, disassembled 12-gauge shotgun, a quantity of stolen power tools, a portable power generator, several laptops, cameras and jewellery.
Molendyk says officers have been able to identify the owners of some of the stolen property.
The suspect, known to police, was scheduled to appear in court Thursday morning.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Silver Star's own 'Running of the Bulls' Dec 11
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Salmon Arm Dec 10
- Water main breaks in Vernon Dec 10
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6