Vernon and North Okanagan
Bad tenant with sticky fingers
Oct 23, 2012 / 3:49 pm
Surprise it's the police.
On Oct. 22 just before 8 p.m, an employee at Blue Stream Motel in Vernon, requested police assistance to remove a tenant who breached her rental contract by smoking in her room.
While members were assisting the employee to remove the tenant, they discovered a male hiding in the bathroom shower.
He is known to our officers and was arrested for an outstanding breach.
RCMP spokesperson Gordon Molendyk says, "Officers then noticed a generator and several power tools in the room. Indications are the tools were reported stolen from previous file. The two were arrested for possession of stolen property . . "
The 24-year-old male suspect is expected to appear in court later today for the breach of his conditions. The 23-year-old female is expected to be released later today.
The two could face charges of possession of stolen property at a later date as the police are still investigating this file.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5