Murder ruled out in Polson Park death
Oct 2, 2012 / 11:33 am
RCMP in Vernon have ruled out foul play as the cause of death of 47-year-old Terrance Fergus.
Fergus' body was found near the fountain at Polson Park last Wednesday evening.
An autopsy was conducted Friday in Kamloops. A cause of death was not made public, however, at the time police were not ruling out foul play.
Now, after further investigation, RCMP have determined Fergus was not a victim of foul play.
Cpl. Gerry Kovacs says police received numerous tips from the public which proved to be very useful to investigators.
Police have turned the investigation over to the BC Coroners Service.
The Vernon Serious Crime \Unit will continue to assist as required.
Read more Vernon News
- Hesitating driver causes crash May 24
- Bullets, beer cans litter crash site May 24
- Icy water may have been deadly for men May 23
- Kal Lake victims identified May 23
- Bodies pulled from Kal Lake May 22