Burning grass ignites concern
Sep 25, 2012 / 9:22 am
Another day - another grass fire in the Okanagan.
This one in the North Okanagan where crews from both the Vernon Fire Department and Ministry of Forests tackled a grass fire at Highway 97 and Bailey Road.
The fire broke out early Monday morning and, according to Vernon fire captain Rob Cucheran, crews were able to douse the fire fairly quickly.
"There was lots of grass and brush, but no trees in the area," says Cucheran.
"It is really dry out there."
The fire consumed about eight to 10 acres of grassland.
Cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Send photos and video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more Vernon News
- Cussing and spitting his way to jail May 21
- Cycling across Canada for a cause May 20
- 4th annual YAA Festival May 18
- Chitty-Maverick bang bang grounded May 17
- Coldstream house fire May 16