Firefighters called to food court fire
Jul 15, 2012 / 8:48 am
Shoppers at Vernon's Village Green Mall may have been wondering at first if somebody liked their food really well done, at least until the fire department showed up.
Vernon Fire Rescue Services reports they were called to Village Green Mall at 3:44 p.m., Saturday, July 14 for a small fire.
When crews arrived, they discovered there was a grease fire in one of the grills in the food court area.
Assistant Captain Colin Clarke says the flames were quickly contained, preventing them from spreading to the neighbouring kiosks and minimizing the damage.
Nobody was injured in the incident and the disruption to shoppers was minimal.
Read more Vernon News
- Hesitating driver causes crash May 24
- Bullets, beer cans litter crash site May 24
- Icy water may have been deadly for men May 23
- Kal Lake victims identified May 23
- Bodies pulled from Kal Lake May 22