Plane crash victims identified
Jul 10, 2012 / 8:57 am
The victims of Saturday's deadly plane crash in Vernon have been identified.
The BC Coroners Service has identified the victims as 59-year-old James Langley of Kelowna and 53-year-old Karim Makalai from Port Moody.
Makalai is a cousin of Liberal Senator, Mobina Jaffer.
The twin engine Piper PA-23 was owned and piloted by Langley.
Langley and Makalai were the lone occupants of the plane.
The plane crashed into Marshall Field shortly after 1 p.m. Saturday, just after it took off from Vernon airport.
No one on the ground was injured in the crash.
The BC Coroners Service, RCMP and Transportation Safety Board continue to investigate the cause of the crash.
Read more Vernon News
- Cycling across Canada for a cause May 20
- 4th annual YAA Festival May 18
- Chitty-Maverick bang bang grounded May 17
- Coldstream house fire May 16
- Tuesday collision disrupts traffic May 15