Vernon and North Okanagan
What's your best bear cub name?
Oct 6, 2013 / 2:34 pm
The Northern Lights Society has shared the latest photos of Lumby's baby bear in her 'quarantine' enclosure. She will soon be released into the main bear area where she will have four other cubs to play with.
Everyone who donates to the Northern Lights Wildlife Society and shows proof of their donation can enter in a name suggestion.
Lumby’s cub is doing very well and starting to enjoy her new life in Smithers. We will have more details tomorrow!
So far some great donations and names have come in, so thank you very much.
Here are some of the top ones!
- ‘Maizey’ ‘ All charged Up ‘
- Polaris – (She was on a pole, is now at the Northern Lights refuge and is a bright star, just like Polaris, the brightest star in Ursa Minor, also known as Little Bear)
- Crystal...."The Climbing" Cub (said in a Pro Wrestler Announcers voice!!)
- "Lulu"? Short for LUcky LUmby cub?
Northern Lights & Castanet’s name the Pole-ar Baby Contest!!
Lumby's Baby Pole Climbing Bear needs a name - Send us proof of your donation to Northern Lights PLUS your name suggestion to [email protected]
We will collect all the name ideas and then Northern Lights working with Castanet will pick one of your names for the Baby Bear.
If your name suggestion is chosen you will receive a $50 gift certificate! So be creative, have fun, and support a wonderful organization!
Send your proof of donation and name suggestion to [email protected]
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5
- Enderby home destroyed by fire Dec 4
- Vernon man stabbed in his home Dec 4
- Salmon Arm home invasion Dec 3