Vernon and North Okanagan
Coldstream: Water works notice
Sep 25, 2013 / 6:31 am
Press release from the Regional District of the North Okanagan:
DISTRICT OF COLDSTREAM WATER WORKS COMPLETED
WATER QUALITY ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT
Greater Vernon Water (GVW) informs customers in the District of Coldstream that the connections on Highway 6 and the valve replacements on Kalamalka Lake Road are now complete. As of 12:40 a.m., Wednesday, September 25 customers should have water at:
- Binns Road
- Cosen’s Bay Road
- Grey Road
- Grieve Drive
- Marwood Place
- Priest Valley Drive (including streets off of Priest Valley Drive)
- Upper Summit Drive/Palfrey Drive East and West area
We recommend that you open your main valve slowly, and then run a cold tap until the water is clear. Once water and pressure is restored you may experience air and a spitting sound before the water starts flowing. Please note a Precautionary Water Quality Advisory is in effect.
PRECAUTIONARY WATER QUALITY ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT
This is a reminder that GVW customers in the affected area will remain on a Precautionary Water Quality Advisory including the following areas:
- All properties south of the railway tracks from Kal beach to Kalamalka Road and Highway 6 junction at Coldstream Ranch
- Properties north of the railway track on Aberdeen Road to Rendell Drive
- Shamanski Drive, Paisley Drive (Streets off of both)
- Howe Drive North
WHAT DOES A PRECAUTIONARY WATER QUALITY ADVISORY MEAN?
Water quality may change due to this disruption. During this work, water may become cloudy or coloured. Customers should exercise caution when using the water for consumption purposes especially those with a weakened immune system.
WHAT SHOULD CUSTOMERS DO?
Water intended for the following uses, should be boiled for one minute:
- washing fruits and vegetables
- making beverages or rice
- brushing teeth
Water Quality staff will be monitoring the water and removing the Precautionary Water Quality Advisory when the water quality returns to normal.
Please watch for signs in your area and visit our website for updates. For further information, please call 250-550-3700.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5