Vernon and North Okanagan
Don't touch that tap Coldstream
Sep 19, 2013 / 11:41 am
Coldstream residents won’t find themselves in hot water next Tuesday, or any kind of water for that matter.
That’s because the Regional District of the North Okanagan says they’ll have to turn off the water pipes for 24 hours, beginning on Sept. 24 at 8 a.m.
The work will affect customers on:
- Binns Road
- Cosen’s Bay Road
- Grey Road
- Grieve Drive
- Marwood Place
- Priest Valley Drive (streets off)
- Upper Summit Drive/ Palfrey Drive East and West area.
Residents should take the necessary measures to ensure they have enough water for household needs, such as filling jugs for drinking water and for use in the bathroom and kitchen.
Customers in the affected areas should turn off their main water valve and disconnect outdoor hoses until the water is restored. These residents will also receive hand delivered letters informing them of the disruption.
For more information, including how to turn off water valves, visit the RDNO website, or call 250-550-3700
A water quality advisory for some customers in the Coldstream area will also take place on Sept. 24 during the same time period. The following customers will have water service, but will be on a precautionary water quality advisory and be prohibited from using any outdoor water.
This work will affect customers in the following areas:
- All properties south of the railway tracks from Kal beach to Kalamalka Rd and Hwy 6 junction at Coldstream Ranch
- Properties north of the railway track on Aberdeen Road to Rendell Drive Shamanski Drive, Paisley Drive (Streets off)
- Howe Drive North
These measures are being implemented to maintain pressure for indoor domestic use and to maintain adequate fire protection. When water service has been restored, you may notice some cloudiness in the water. The RDCO says to run a cold water tap outside, if available, at a lower volume until the water has cleared.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Silver Star's own 'Running of the Bulls' Dec 11
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Salmon Arm Dec 10
- Water main breaks in Vernon Dec 10
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6