Vernon and North Okanagan
Woman killed on hospital hill identified
Sep 17, 2013 / 12:52 pm
The BC Coroners Service has confirmed the identity of a woman who died after a motor vehicle incident in Vernon on Sept. 8.
She was Melanie Dawn Suski, aged 33, of Vernon.
Suski was a pedestrian who was walking south on Highway 97 adjacent to Polson Park at about 11 a.m. on Sept. 8.
While on the travelled portion of the roadway, she was involved in a collision with a tractor- trailer unit going in the same direction.
Eyewitnesses say Suski ran into traffic and, although the driver of the semi swerved to avoid her, was struck and killed.
Suski was pronounced dead at the scene.
Highway 97 was closed for several hours.
The Coroners Service and RCMP continue to investigate this death.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Salvation Army behind in donations Dec 18
- Trafficking investigation nets six Dec 18
- The Grinch breaks into the Vernon SPCA Dec 17
- Land transfer to the City of Vernon Dec 15
- Give the gift of quality health care Dec 14
- Amazing Grace a special needs dog Dec 13
- Teacher arrested for child porn Dec 13