Vernon and North Okanagan
Stolen dirt bike found on Facebook
Sep 9, 2013 / 3:27 pm
A $4,200 Yamaha dirt bike has been retrieved - despite the fact its appearance had been altered.
More than a month ago police in Vernon were alerted to the theft of the dirt bike from inside a locked shed in the Springfield Road area of Coldstream.
"Acting on information from the owner who believed the dirt bike was pictured on a Facebook page of a local person in the city, officers went to the residence and spoke with the property owner," says RCMP spokesman, Gord Molendyk.
"The bike was located. It had been re-painted to attempt to hide the identity of it."
Molendyk says the case is still under investigation to determine whether charges will be laid.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5