Vernon and North Okanagan
Man beaten behind Vernon hotel
Sep 9, 2013 / 1:28 pm
A 53-year-old man, who was severely beaten, remains in Vernon Jubilee Hospital after he was found in the parking lot at the rear of the Best Western Vernon Lodge. The man lives in the area.
Police were called to the hotel about 8:30 p.m. Friday night.
RCMP spokesman, Gord Molendyk, says police discovered the man, unconscious, suffering from serious injuries.
"The Vernon Major Crimes unit is continuing to investigate this file," says Molendyk.
"Police are asking anyone who saw any fight or suspicious activity in the area that evening to call the Vernon RCMP Detachment or Crime Stoppers."
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5