Vernon and North Okanagan
Water quality advisory lifted
Aug 30, 2013 / 7:50 am
The water quality advisory that has been in place on the Kalamalka Lake source has been lifted, effective immediately.
The Kalamalka Interconnect Project added ultraviolet treatment serving as a primary disinfection step in addition to the chlorination process. This step was able to enhance the safety of the drinking water and led to the advisory being lifted.
A map to the right will show the water service area in which you reside.
Any questions can be sent to the District of Lake Country at 766-6677 or more information can be found on their website.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5