Vernon and North Okanagan News
Distracted drivers nabbed in Vernon
North Okanagan RCMP Traffic Services spent Valentines Day ensuring motorists were driving safely and getting home to their loved ones as part of their Distracted Driving Campaign.
On Feb. 14th, officers from North Okanagan Traffic Services and the Integrated Road Safety Unit were out looking for distracted drivers during the month long province-wide initiative targeting people who continue to use their cell phone while driving.
RCMP Spokesman Gord Molendyk says four officers spent time conducting road checks around the City of Vernon and issuing tickets during the four hour safety blitz.
- Twenty people were issued tickets for using cell phones.
- Twenty-two people were issued tickets for not wearing seat belts
- One person was charged for no driver’s license
- Nine people were charged with operating a defective motor vehicle
Have you noticed distracted driving? Send photos and video to [email protected]
DISCLAIMER: Only if it is legal and safe for you to do so.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- No space for student newspaperKelowna - 5:00 am
- Wildfires: protecting homesKelowna - 6:17 am
- Girl, accused of starting wildfire World
- Fire brought back '03 memoriesPenticton / S. Okanagan
Vernon Discussion Forum
District of Coldstream
Village of Lumby
City of Armstrong
City of Enderby
District of Sicamous
Okanagan Regional Library