Vernon and North Okanagan News
Pressure washing van burns to ground
A cube van burst into flames Sunday afternoon in Vernon, destroying the entire vehicle.
The van was used as part of a pressure washing business and was working at the Regional Compost Facility on Commonage Road.
The driver was outside the vehicle at the time, washing one of the loaders and moving vehicles at the facility. When he turned around, smoke was coming out of the back where there was a diesel generator and the water pump.
The Vernon Fire Department is unsure what sparked the blaze, and an investigation is ongoing.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Strike or settlement?Poll - 4:42 pm
- 'Spiderman' arsonist gets jail timeKelowna - 5:00 pm
- Road project jumps by $1.1MKelowna - 12:17 pm
- Murder details brings family to tearsKamloops - 12:10 pm
Vernon Discussion Forum
District of Coldstream
Village of Lumby
City of Armstrong
City of Enderby
District of Sicamous
Okanagan Regional Library