Vernon and North Okanagan
Foerster father to also stand trial
Oct 31, 2013 / 12:30 pm
The father of the man accused of killing an Armstrong teenager will soon take part in a trial of his own.
Stephen Foerster was committed to trial following a preliminary hearing in Vernon this week, and is charged with accessory after the fact to murder and obstructing justice in the 2011 death of Taylor Van Diest.
His son Matthew is accused of first-degree murder and will stand trial in Kelowna next March.
Van Diest’s body was discovered on the railway tracks in Armstrong on Halloween night, 2011. A memorial trail has since been built in her honour and a memorial walk is scheduled for this evening at 6 p.m.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5
- Enderby home destroyed by fire Dec 4
- Vernon man stabbed in his home Dec 4