Shop 'til you drop!
YES THIS WAS POSTED IN APRIL, BUT SINCE THE TRIP IS HALF FULL I THOUGHT I WOULD RE-POST THIS COLUMN FOR ANY OF YOU WHO STILL MAY BE INTERESTED IN JOINING ME.
Each year I promote a local bus tour that takes shoppers south of the border to hunt for bargains and clear up that holiday shopping list. If you're interested in a 'different' shopping experience - or just a girls weekend away - this may be the ideal trip for you! Seats sell quickly and are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Have a look and if your interested in confirming your seat, drop me an email [email protected] or give me a call 1-877-493-2001 ext. 104.
REVIEW OF THE DETAILS:
31st October – 02 November, 2014
Open to all ages! Minors must be accompanied by someone 21+ years old.
** Times are approximate and depend on Holiday Traffic, weather and other factors beyond our control, that is why we ask that you be as prompt as possible with meeting times so we can maximize our shopping time! **
6:30 AM – Meet at Cherry Lane Shopping Centre in front of London Drugs.
6:45 AM – Shuttle departs Penticton and will meet up with shoppers in Westbank at the Zellers parking lot.
6:45 AM – Meet arrive at Marketplace IGA Parking lot in Winfield.
7:00 AM – Bus departs Winfield and heads to Kelowna
7:15 AM – Meet at Capri Parking lot in front of Capri Insurance
7:30 AM – Bus departs Kelowna and heads to Westbank
7:30 AM – Meet at Zellers Parking Lot (Westbank)
7:45 AM – Bus Departs Westbank with all passengers
- Once we are all onboard Tim Horton’s Coffee will be served. Feel free to bring your own water and snacks - just remember all fruits and veggies must be consumed or thrown away before we get to the border crossing!
9:15 AM – Arrive at the Info Booth in Merritt for 15min. bathroom break
11:30 AM – Arrive at Whatcom Rd Exit.
- Please grab a quick lunch TO GO and then jump back on the bus and we will then head to the border line up. Lunch available at - Booster Juice, McDonald’s, Burger King, Tim Hortons, Subway and Sushi Bar!
11:50 AM – Depart Whatcom Rd Exit and head to Sumas Border Crossing.
Approx 4:00 PM – Arrive at Doubletree Guest Suites South Centre and check in
Rest of the afternoon/evening is at your leisure! There is a lot of shopping to be done right around the hotel – the South Centre Mall is across the street. Target is located right behind the hotel. There is a Ross, Kohls, Best Buy, Old Navy, Nordstrom, World Market and Macy’s just a short cab ride away.
November 1st: Make sure you start your day with your included breakfast buffet!
Hit the sidewalk for more shopping – the Mall is open at 10 AM and Target opens at 8 AM! Check out is at 11 AM, but the hotel will hold your luggage until we are ready to depart at 1 PM!
8:30 AM – Bus will depart out front of the hotel and head downtown. Get dropped at the world famous Pike Place market and explore downtown Seattle. Shop in the market, visit the first ever Starbuck’s Coffee shop or explore the deep dark secrets of the original Seattle with the Underground Tour. A leisurely, guided walking tour beneath Seattle’s sidewalks and streets. As you roam the subterranean passages that once were the main roadways and first-floor storefronts of old downtown Seattle, their guides will regale you with the stories Seattle’s pioneers didn’t want you to hear. Be prepared for the underground landscape to be moderately rugged. You’ll encounter six flights of stairs, uneven terrain and spotty lighting. So dress for the weather and leave the heels behind. Tour runs from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM and is $17US payable locally upon arrival.
12:45 PM - Bus departs Pike Place Market and returns to hotel.
1:00 PM – Return to hotel and grab your luggage from the front desk – get ready to leave!
1:15 PM – Bus departs the Double Tree for the Tulalip Casino
2:15 PM – Bus arrives at the Tulalip Casino Resort – Check in
- Rest of the afternoon/evening is at your leisure! The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to the shopping locations. Check shuttle times with the front desk.
- Tulalip Premium Outlets are RIGHT THERE and Open until 9 PM! 110 Stores - Adidas, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, BCBG Max Azria, Burberry, Calvin Klein, Coach, DKNY, Guess, J.Crew, Joe's Jeans, Kenneth Cole, Lacoste, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren, Restoration Hardware, Tommy Hilfiger and many more!
- Also in the area is a 24 hour Walmart and a Cabela’s Outdoorsman Store
- Once the Mall is closed have fun in the hotel pool area or the casino – try your hand and maybe you will luck out and pay for all your purchases over the weekend!
Make sure you start your day with your included breakfast buffet ! Eagles Buffet opens at 9 AM.
10:00 AM – Check out of the hotel, pay any room charges accrued, and get ready to head out!
10:30 AM – Bus Departs Hotel
11:00 AM – Arrive at the Burlington Costco
- We will spend 3 hrs here at the strip mall which includes Ross, Kohl’s, Costco and even more outlets! Shoppes include Lululemon, Gap, Eddie Bauer, OshKosh, Reebok and others.
- Grab something for lunch, when we depart we are headed straight for the border.
2:00 PM – Bus Departs from the Costco parking lot
4:30 PM – LAST CHANCE STOP
- We will stop at the Sumas Duty Free for those last minute deals on alcohol and perfume
5:00 PM – Back on the bus and headed across the border.
Approx 5:30 PM – 15 min. stop to grab TAKE OUT and stretch our legs at the Whatcom road exit
Approx 8:45 PM – Drop off shoppers in Westbank (Zellers parking lot)
** A shuttle will be waiting to take Penticton passengers back to the Cherry Lane Shopping Centre parking lot. Arrival in Penticton expected at 9:15 PM. **
Approx 8:45 PM – Drop off shoppers in Kelowna (Capri Hotel)
Approx 9:15 PM – Drop off shoppers in Winfield (North Parking lot at Marketplace IGA)
** Proof of medical insurance coverage mandatory. If you do not have adequate medical coverage for travel into the USA, we are happy to provide a quote for you. Valid Passports required. **
** Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the bus for passengers of legal age. Please drink responsibly.**
Rates : Canadian Dollars including all taxes and fees
** Space is sold on a “First-Come, First-Served” basis. Seats are not guaranteed until payment received. Front row bus seating is reserved for passengers who experience motion sickness and your tour conductors. Payment in full is due at time of booking. Once paid, fees are 100% non-refundable. Name changes are allowed up to 31 Aug 2014 for a $25- fee. From 01 Sept 2014 onwards no name changes are allowed. Trip cancellation insurance is recommended. **
|PAYMENT VIA CHEQUE/CASH||CREDIT CARD|
Per person in Canadian dollars, taxes included. Includes Bus transportation, Hotel accommodations, 2 buffet breakfasts, tour guide, bus driver, $20- voucher for play at the Tulalip Resort & Casino and baggage handling/ porterage at the Tulalip Resort & Casino.
Confirm Your Seat by Contacting Laura-Beth at Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Phone : 1-877-493-2001 ext 104 E-mail : [email protected]
Read more Travel Review articles
- Shop 'til you drop! Aug 17
- Haida Gwaii Jul 20
- Newfoundland & Labrador Jun 22
- Canada by rail May 25
- Spring fever anyone? May 11
- Travel insurance...yay or nay? Apr 13
- The Belles of BC Mar 30
- Bus touring! Mar 16
(Click for RSS instructions.)