Rockets Bell CHL player of the week
The accolades keep coming for the Kelowna Rockets.
Myles Bell is the latest to be recognized for his individual achievements.
The 20-year-old forward was named Tuesday as the Canadian Hockey League's player of the week.
Bell had five goals and five assists and was a +6 in four games last week.
Included in those totals were game winning goals against Portland (7-2) and Vancouver (4-2).
The Calgary product leads the club in goals with 23 and is second in scoring with 43 points.
Bell is in his fifth season in the league - his third with the Rockets.
Earlier today (Tuesday) six former Rockets learned they would be representing their teams at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
- Duncan Keith - Canada (2002-2003)
- Shea Weber - Canada (2001-2005)
- Jamie Benn - Canada 2007-2009)
- Alex Edler - Sweden (2005-2006)
- Lauris Darzins - Latvia (2004-2006)
- Tomas Raffl - Austria (2005-2006)
The Rockets, the number one ranked team in the Canadian Hockey League, continue to be the runaway leaders in the Western Hockey League.
In 39 games, the Rockets have a record of 33-4-0-2, nine points better than the Eastern Conference leading Calgary Hitmen.
They are 10 points better than Victoria and 14 up on Portland in the Western Conference with five and two games in hand respectively.
The Rockets open a four game Alberta road trip Wednesday in Edmonton.
The trip continues with games in Lethbridge (Friday), Medicine Hat (Saturday) and Calgary (Sunday).
They play consecutive nights in Victoria the following weekend before finally returning home to host the Everett Silvertips Wednesday, Jan. 22.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Sports News
- A letter from Min of EducationBC - 10:22 am
- Old Vernon Road crashKelowna - 10:46 am
- Teachers: 40 years of battlesBC - 7:46 am
- BC sets up support paymentsBC
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Penticton Lakers
- Okanagan College Coyotes
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Westside Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Kelowna Ball Hockey
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Sunplex Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Lake Country Old-Timers Hockey Association
- Orchard City Hockey League
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan All Stars Hockey Club
- Knights of West Kelowna
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
- Kelowna Women's Soccer
- Kelowna Men's Soccer
- Okanagan Challenge
- Kelowna United FC
- Central Okanagan Youth
- Kelowna Youth Soccer
- Westside Youth Soccer
- Rutland Youth Soccer
- Lake Country Youth Soccer
- Penticton Soccer Club
- South Okanagan Similkameen Youth Soccer
- Thompson Okanagan Football Club
- Sunplex Futsal League
- Pepsi Premier Soccer League
- CSA | FIFA | MLS
- Kelowna AquaJets
- Liquid Lightning Swim Club
- Ogopogo Summer Swim Club
- Okanagan Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Badminton Club
- The Penticton Yacht & Tennis
- OK Mission Tennis
- Lakeview Heights Tennis
- Vernon Tennis Association
- Squash BC Okanagan League
- ESPN Tennis
Does your local team have a website?
Email us to add your community sports link.
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.