Jordon 'Cookes' up winning recipe
Oct 25, 2013 / 10:00 pm
Jordon Cooke was sharp when it counted most Friday night backstopping the Kelowna Rockets past the Victoria Royals 4-1 at Save-On-Foods Memorial Arena in the provincial capital.
With the Rockets clinging to a 2-0 lead midway through the second period, Cooke denied Logan Nelson on a Royals penalty shot.
Less than two minutes later Myles Bell's sixth of the season gave the Rockets a 3-0 cushion.
For good measure, leading 4-1 midway through the third, Cooke stoned Luke Harrison on a second Victoria penalty shot to preserve the goal goal victory.
Tyrell Goulbourne had a goal and an assist to place the Rockets to their eighth win in 12 starts this season.
Zach Franko and Cole Linaker also scored for the Rockets while Madison Bowey chipped in with a pair of helpers.
Ben Walker scored the lone Royals goal 14 minutes into the second.
For the second time this season the Rockets held a 3-1 edge on the Royals after 40 minutes, however, unlike the first meeting at Prospera Place the Rockets were able to shut the Royals down in the third period.
Back in the end of September the Royals battled back from a 3-1 third period deficit and beat the Rockets in a shootout.
Friday's win vaults the Rockets from sixth to second in the tight Western Conference of the Western Hockey League.
The Rockets and Royals conclude this two game back-to-back set in Victoria Saturday.
Read more Sports News
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Penticton Lakers
- Okanagan College Coyotes
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Westside Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Kelowna Ball Hockey
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Sunplex Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Lake Country Old-Timers Hockey Association
- Orchard City Hockey League
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan All Stars Hockey Club
- Knights of West Kelowna
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
- Kelowna Women's Soccer
- Kelowna Men's Soccer
- Okanagan Challenge
- Kelowna United FC
- Central Okanagan Youth
- Kelowna Youth Soccer
- Westside Youth Soccer
- Rutland Youth Soccer
- Lake Country Youth Soccer
- Penticton Soccer Club
- South Okanagan Similkameen Youth Soccer
- Thompson Okanagan Football Club
- Sunplex Futsal League
- Pepsi Premier Soccer League
- CSA | FIFA | MLS
- Kelowna AquaJets
- Liquid Lightning Swim Club
- Ogopogo Summer Swim Club
- Okanagan Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Badminton Club
- The Penticton Yacht & Tennis
- OK Mission Tennis
- Lakeview Heights Tennis
- Vernon Tennis Association
- Squash BC Okanagan League
- ESPN Tennis
Does your local team have a website?
Email us to add your community sports link.
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Salary cap to be discussed at NHL Board of Governors
- Lara Gut takes Lake Louise super-G for 4th win this season
- Canucks recall defenceman Yannick Weber from AHL
- Vikings' Peterson leaves game vs. Ravens with foot injury
- Arsenal held to draw by Everton: EPL
- Roma defeats Fiorentina to remain unbeaten: Serie A
- Reliever Edward Mujica agrees to 2-year deal with Red Sox
- After Hours: Oilers' David Perron talks new team's struggles
- Ex-Premier League players involved in new match-fixing claim
- Roberto Luongo, Canucks ready for Avalanche
- Leafs look to remain on winning track as they host Bruins
- Flames overcome Oilers' late push
(Click for RSS instructions.)