Rockets Cooke WHL goalie of the week
Oct 22, 2013 / 4:26 pm
Kelowna Rockets goaltender Jordon Cooke is the Western Hockey League' goaltender of the week.
Cooke, a 20-year-old from Leduc, AB, posted a 2-0 record with a shutout in two starts with the Rockets last week.
He allowed just two goals on 49 shots for a 1.00 goals-against average and a .959 save percentage during those two games.
On Wednesday, Oct 16, Cooke stopped all 26 shots he faced to post his sixth career WHL shutout as the Rockets defeated the visiting Lethbridge Hurricanes 6-0.
Three nights later, Cooke made 21 saves on 23 shots while earning 3rd Star honours in a 3-2 victory over the visiting Prince George Cougars.
Cooke is in his fourth season in the WHL with the Rockets, and currently boasts a 2.06 GAA and a .932 save percentage this season.
The league also announced Tuesday Portland Winterhawks’ forward Nicolas Petan is the Denny’s WHL Player of the Week for the week ending October 20, 2013.
Petan recorded seven points on two goals and five assists to go with a +6 rating over three games in the past week, helping lead the Winterhawks to three victories in that span.
On Wednesday, Oct 16, Petan picked up two assists and was +2 as the Winterhawks defeated the visiting Tri-City Americans 4-1. On Friday, Oct 18, Petan tallied a goal and an assist while being named the game’s 1st Star in a 5-4 victory over the visiting Swift Current Broncos.
Petan closed out his week by recording a goal and two assists while earning 3rd Star honors in an 8-1 win over the visiting Tri-City Americans.
Petan, an 18-year-old from Delta is in his third season in the WHL with the Portland Winterhawks, and currently sits second in the WHL scoring race with 23 points in just 11 games this season.
Selected by the Winnipeg Jets in the second round, 43rd overall, of the 2013 NHL Draft, Petan co-led the WHL and CHL in scoring last season with 120 points. The 5’9”, 173-lb forward has amassed 67 goals and 179 points in 146 career regular-season contests for the Winterhawks.
The WHL has also nominated Jordon Cooke of the Kelowna Rockets for the Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week award.
Read more Sports News
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Penticton Lakers
- Okanagan College Coyotes
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Westside Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Kelowna Ball Hockey
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Sunplex Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Lake Country Old-Timers Hockey Association
- Orchard City Hockey League
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan All Stars Hockey Club
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
- Kelowna Women's Soccer
- Kelowna Men's Soccer
- Okanagan Challenge
- Kelowna United FC
- Central Okanagan Youth
- Kelowna Youth Soccer
- Westside Youth Soccer
- Rutland Youth Soccer
- Lake Country Youth Soccer
- Penticton Soccer Club
- South Okanagan Similkameen Youth Soccer
- Thompson Okanagan Football Club
- Sunplex Futsal League
- Pepsi Premier Soccer League
- CSA | FIFA | MLS
- Kelowna AquaJets
- Liquid Lightning Swim Club
- Ogopogo Summer Swim Club
- Okanagan Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Badminton Club
- The Penticton Yacht & Tennis
- OK Mission Tennis
- Lakeview Heights Tennis
- Vernon Tennis Association
- Squash BC Okanagan League
- ESPN Tennis
Does your local team have a website?
Email us to add your community sports link.
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us [email protected] for publication here.
- Oilers open homestand with loss to Coyotes
- Senators defeat Panthers in Florida
- Ryan Kesler leads Canucks over Predators
- Jacoby Ellsbury agrees to 7-year deal with Yankees: report
- Blue Jays acquire C Kratz, pitcher Rasmussen from Phillies
- Sharks hand Maple Leafs 5th straight loss
- Wayne Gretzky, NHL reach settlement: report
- Lindsey Vonn cleared for downhill training at Lake Louise
- Alouettes promote Mark Weightman to club president, CEO
- New World Cup ball 'Brazuca' unveiled to honour Brazil
- Which NHL players' Movember moustache was best?
- Blackhawks' Patrick Kane named NHL's 1st star of the month
(Click for RSS instructions.)