Dr not always on call in Princeton
Jan 2, 2013 / 1:45 pm
Residents are advised that during the month of January there will be times when the physician on call for Princeton General Hospital’s Emergency Department will be attending only to the most urgent cases.
Emergency Department hours remain the same and patients will be assessed as usual by trained nurses.
However, patients with less urgent needs may find they are either transferred to a nearby hospital for care, or offered appropriate options.
This change in service provision is expected to occur periodically through the month of January and is temporary due to current physician unavailability.
Interior Health would like to thank Dr. David Smith for providing additional coverage during this time.
Read more South Okanagan News
- Racism conversation in Naramata May 21
- Oliver upset with Kelowna fire dispatch May 19
- New MLA bids adieu to Oliver council May 15
- Three arrested in drug bust May 15
- Preventive work at Oliver flood zone May 13