Residents extinguish patio fire
Nov 5, 2012 / 9:09 am
The Okanagan Falls volunteer fire department responded to a small fire at a residence on Sunday.
According to fire chief Bob Haddow, crews arrived at a home along Eagle Ridge and Sunnybrook drive to find a minor fire burning on the patio of the house.
The residents managed to extinguish most of the flames before crews got on scene.
The house sustained minimal damaged.
Haddow says the fire was most likely started after the residents had cleaned out their wood stove and placed the embers onto the patio.
Read more South Okanagan News
- Naramata discusses racism May 23
- Head-on crash injures two May 23
- Racism conversation in Naramata May 21
- Oliver upset with Kelowna fire dispatch May 19
- New MLA bids adieu to Oliver council May 15