Oliver gas station destroyed by fire
Sep 2, 2012 / 9:14 am
The new EZ Fuel gas station just north of Oliver went up in flames Sunday morning.
The Oliver Daily News is reporting the fire department was called out to the site of the former Oasis Shell around 1:00 a.m.
Crews battled through the night to knock the flames down and by daybreak the building was left a smouldering ruin.
The report says new underground storage containers for three types of fuel were recently laid in the ground but thought to be empty.
The fire appears to have started within the structure, but how it began remains to be determined.
The RCMP have cordoned off the property at Highway 97 and Tucelenut Drive as the investigation continues.
If you have any pictures or video, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more South Okanagan News
- Racism conversation in Naramata May 21
- Oliver upset with Kelowna fire dispatch May 19
- New MLA bids adieu to Oliver council May 15
- Three arrested in drug bust May 15
- Preventive work at Oliver flood zone May 13