Trial date set in violent assault case
Aug 29, 2012 / 6:10 pm
A man accused of a violent assault on the mother of his child, on the Osoyoos Indian Band reserve, will stand trial on Dec. 4 and 5 in Penticton.
Brian Douglas Louie is facing charges including aggravated assault and assault causing bodily harm stemming from a domestic violence incident in May.
According to Castanet news reports, the mother of Louie’s baby girl told police she was beaten, kicked, punched and dragged by the hair during the incident which followed a night of partying.
Part of the victim’s labia was also allegedly torn off during a sexual act prior to the beating and surgical intervention had to be performed.
A trial confirmation hearing date has also been set for Oct. 31, 2012 in Penticton.
Read more South Okanagan News
- Racism conversation in Naramata May 21
- Oliver upset with Kelowna fire dispatch May 19
- New MLA bids adieu to Oliver council May 15
- Three arrested in drug bust May 15
- Preventive work at Oliver flood zone May 13