Two men injured horseback riding
Aug 17, 2012 / 5:04 pm
Two men were injured when they fell from their horses, after the animals were spooked, during an evening ride in Keremeos Thursday.
An RCMP officer and search and rescue teams responded to the scene in the backwoods of the Ashnola area at around 8 p.m..
One man was found at the location suffering from what was believed to be fractured ribs. Search and rescue teams assisted the other man who fell down a 200 foot embankment.
He sustained several broken bones and was taken to Penticton Regional Hospital, according to Cpl. Mike Gallagher with the Keremeos RCMP Detachment.
The men have not been identified at this time.
Read more South Okanagan News
- Naramata discusses racism May 23
- Head-on crash injures two May 23
- Racism conversation in Naramata May 21
- Oliver upset with Kelowna fire dispatch May 19
- New MLA bids adieu to Oliver council May 15