Lightning creates fires
Jul 20, 2012 / 5:01 pm
Fire crews from the Ministry of Forests are busy with at least a half dozen lightning caused fires in the South Okanagan.
Fire Information Officer, Kevin Skrepnek tells Castanet News lightning has caused fires in areas around Oliver, Keremeos and Cawston.
According to Skrepnek all of the fires are small spot fires.
He says, just as was the case a few weeks ago, fire crews are being aided by plenty of rain which has been falling in conjunction with the lightning storm.
Skrepnek says all six three-member attack crews based out of Penticton are out working on the fires.
Below: Peachland fire crews fight a small fire after during Friday afternoon's storm.
Read more South Okanagan News
- Naramata discusses racism May 23
- Head-on crash injures two May 23
- Racism conversation in Naramata May 21
- Oliver upset with Kelowna fire dispatch May 19
- New MLA bids adieu to Oliver council May 15