New water works for West Bench
Jun 4, 2012 / 11:29 am
Residents of the Regional District of the Okanagan Similkameen have voted in favour of adopting an upgraded water system.
The RDOS purposed a bylaw to upgrade the water and distribution system in the West Bench Water Service area, earlier this year.
The purpose of the bylaw would be for the Regional District to enter into an agreement with the City of Penticton to purchase bulk water, construct a pump station, construct a transmission line from the pump station to the West Bench distribution system, install water meters and up-grade the distraction system at the total cost of $9,780,000.
The RDOS would receive Federal and Provincial grants of $5,730,000 and would borrow $4,050,000.
Of the 386 votes received 324 were yes votes.
Read more South Okanagan News
- Oliver upset with Kelowna fire dispatch May 19
- New MLA bids adieu to Oliver council May 15
- Three arrested in drug bust May 15
- Preventive work at Oliver flood zone May 13
- Motorcycle crash kills one near Penticton May 12