Correcting and adjusting
Jan 7, 2013 / 5:00 am
The key to success is getting on with your plan.
Have you ever recognized these issues.
1. Using the same tactic all the time. Continuing to do things the way you’ve always done them even when they don’t work and expecting different results. This is the definition of insanity.
2. No change occurs. Are you still where you started? Maybe this is the result of not trying something different.
3. No conclusion is reached. If you’re always working on the project rather than completing it that’s a problem. Has the project file taken on a life of its own?
4. Have you found yourself always waiting for something to happen? Waiting for the phone to ring so you can explode into action?
All of these are signs of procrastination. The sooner you recognize these as signs of procrastination, know how to correct and adjust your behaviour, the sooner you’ll take a proactive approach to more productive results.
It may be that conditions aren’t right. Maybe it doesn’t feel right. You’ve got to get your karma aligned with the planets before you make the move.
Unfortunately procrastination is the biggest killer of excellent people. “It’s not how you feel that determines how you act, but how you act that determines how you feel.” The best thing to do is take the first step. It’s the hardest one. They all get easier after that.
Take the first step.
Copyright 2012 Sandler Training and Insight Sales Consulting Inc. All rights reserved.
John Glennon is the owner of Insight Sales Consulting Inc, the authorized Sandler Training Licensee for the Interior of British Columbia. He can be reached at email@example.com, toll free at 1-866-645-2047 or www.glennon.sandler.com
Read more Sales Meeting Minute articles
- Knocking the competition May 13
- Success through failure Apr 29
- You'll never eliminate rejection Apr 15
- When under attack...fall back Apr 1
- Setting the course Mar 18
- Success: is it dangerous? Mar 4
- Cold calling in the New Year Feb 18
- Who is the REAL sales person? Feb 4
(Click for RSS instructions.)