Non-Stop adrenaline rush in theatres
Pompeii told the story of a city that did not have any form of a Safety Evacuation Plan. And if you think that imminent and certain death would stop Hollywood from creating a love story, you'd be wrong. It had a decent story, great 3D effects and gladiator fighting scenes, but the second half of the movie had me rolling my eyes a few times.
My Rating: 25/34
Reminded me of: Dante's Peak, Gladiator, Troy, and 300.
I believe movies that are based on true stories have so much more depth and beauty to them. Philomena was told so fantastically, there’s certainly no surprise that it received Golden Globe nominations for Best Picture and Best Actress after Judy Dench’s spot-on performance. It’s a beautiful drama, complete with both sarcastic and compassionate moments that takes you right into the heart of a mother's search for her son.
My Rating: 29/34
Reminded me of: The King's Speech and The Queen.
See you at the movies!
Read more Reel Quick Movie Reviews articles
- Brad Pitt's "Fury" explodes into theatres Oct 21
- A disappearing wife, cheap flights & trolls Oct 7
- "The F word" isn't bad Sep 23
- Coming to a theatre near you! Sep 9
- Movie adaptation better than the book? Aug 26
- Guardians is worth the hype Aug 12
- Americans, Apes & Apple commercials Jul 29
- Dinosaur Robots and Doo-wop Jul 8
(Click for RSS instructions.)