Lakewind, going, going, gone
Feb 21, 2013 / 2:52 pm
Don Warkentin and Joel Sherlock, principals of Fortune Marketing Inc, are pleased to announce that the sales of 47 condominium homes at Lakewind have now been completed.
The new condominiums, which were marketed from November 7 to December 7 last year to local and out-of-town
purchasers, proved highly popular.
The homes are located on freehold land at the crest of Carrington Road in West Kelowna, were sold at prices ranging from $159,000 to $249,900, with net HST included. With 13 different floor plans that included one-bedroom, one-bedroom and den, and two-bedroom floor plans, many of the units feature expansive lake views.
There were two other marketing organizations were engaged by the Receiver before Fortune Marketing’s success with the project. Joel Sherlock credits strongly directed conventional and social media marketing leading up to the launch in November, as well as Fortune’s ability to sell the ‘Value Message’. “Additionally,” Sherlock said, “there’s a strong rental market in West Kelowna that benefits investors.”
“We certainly kept our lawyers busy the last two weeks,” says Don Warkentin, “but the closings went very smoothly. Our purchasers have realized excellent value in a market that’s beginning to bloom again.”
Ranging in size from 828 to 1,262 square feet, the condominiums also featured central air conditioning, large private balconies, and high quality finishings.
“We think that the expansion of retail amenities in West Kelowna was a popular draw too,” says Sherlock, “and many purchasers mentioned the attraction of the ponds and walking paths around the property, as well as its proximity to golf and wineries.”
Read more Real Estate News
- Large suite in townhouse-style condo complex sells quickly
- Pool a big draw on this well-treed Scarborough property
- Buyers paid above asking to acquire this Vancouver loft’s chic furniture
- Video: How much would you pay to live in Toronto's Liberty Village?
- I want to renovate my condo's retro bathroom. Where do I start?
- Home of the Week: Three-bedroom condo once hosted A-list showbiz parties
- New Bank of Canada governor Poloz stays the course
- Ground-floor Liberty Village loft space was project’s model suite
- Low maintenance fees helped King West condo unit sell quickly
- Buyers will convert St. Clair West duplex into single-family home
- Detached Bloor West Village house sells for well over asking
- Three competing offers for a corner suite on Bay Street