Kelowna housing starts
Aug 9, 2012 / 10:55 am
Kelowna area housing starts were down in July compared to the same month last year.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) reports 81 housing starts in July 2012 compared to 173 housing starts in July 2011.
Carol Frketich CMHC Regional Economist says detached home starts have been the focus of new home construction in 2012
“Detached home starts were up by half in July 2012 from the same month a year ago.”
Kamloops and Vernon housing starts were also lower compared to levels recorded in July 2011. Penticton area starts increased from a year earlier.
Read more Real Estate News
- Centrepoint home on a large lot sells quickly
- Roncesvalles home gets more than a dozen offers
- Islington buyer knocks $19,000 off ‘diamond in the rough’
- Humber River home snags three quick offers
- Renvations boost Corso Italia home’s value
- Re-listing and cosmetic changes sell a Hillcrest home
- Developer leaps at Bedford Park home with $151,000 premium
- Sales, prices, listings down. What’s up with Toronto’s high-end homes?
- Home of the Week: 'Slow' home is light on its feet
- Home of the Week: Example of ‘slow’ architecture is light on its feet
- How a real-estate pro fights a bidding war
- Video: See how this Bedford Park home sold for over $1-million in four days