34020
32020

Penticton  

Small downtown fire concerns residents

The Penticton Fire Department was called out to a small fire in downtown Penticton early Thursday.

Crews, responding at around 7 a.m., found a couch burning at the location behind the Three Gables Liquor Store on Martin Street.

Firefighters quickly put out the fire,  probably caused by someone sitting on the couch smoking, said Deputy Fire Chief Dave Spalding.

People live upstairs in the building, but there was no damage to the structure or any reported injuries.

Residents looking at the blackened couch and nearby debris Thursday, said it was cause for concern, burning so close to their building.



More Penticton News

33376
Recent Trending
31570




31970




Castanet pays for news tips. Email us a news tip, photo, or video and your name will be in a draw for our weekly news tip prize $25. Email us [email protected]




Penticton SPCA Featured Pet

Zoey
Zoey Penticton SPCA >


30461


Member of the RTNDA
29303