Penticton and South Okanagan
Kyle Louie murder trial set for fall
Jan 8, 2013 / 5:00 am
The trial for an Osoyoos Indian Band member accused of killing his younger brother is set to start Nov. 18 in Penticton.
The trial for Kyle Louie is expected to last three weeks, ending on Dec. 6.
Louie is charged with second-degree murder in the death of his brother, 20-year-old Reece Louie, at a home on the Osoyoos Indian Band Reserve.
On Feb. 19, 2011, police arrived at a home on Black Sage Road and found Reece Louie lying outside the residence bleeding and suffering from serious injuries.
Kyle Louie was arrested that evening in Oliver and charged with aggravated assault, which was later upgraded to murder when the victim died, according to earlier RCMP reports.
Read more Penticton / S. Okanagan News
City of Penticton
Penticton Discussion Forum
Penticton & Wine Country Chamber
Regional District Okanagan-Similkameen
District of Summerland
Summerland Chamber & Tourism
Town of Oliver
Town of Osoyoos
Town of Keremeos
School District 67 - Okanagan Skaha
School District 53 - Okanagan Similkameen
Okanagan Regional Library
- Boil water notice rescinded Dec 6
- Gallagher Lake residents to meet Monday Dec 6
- Blanket drive underway in Penticton Dec 6
- Apex to open this weekend Dec 6
- RDOS elects chair and vice chair for 2014 Dec 6
- Vehicle ends up in Skaha Lake Dec 5
- Sentencing unfolds free of drama Dec 5