Penticton & South Okanagan News
RCMP crackdown during Fest of Ale
RCMP in the South Okanagan were out in full force Friday night, the first night of Penticton's annual 'Fest of Ale.'
Police say it was a successful enforcement in that there were no 'fatal or serious collisions in the area that night.'
"Enforcement was busier than expected as there was a great deal of traffic in the city celebrating the warmish weather," says Cst. Don Carefoot with South Okanagan Traffic Services.
"People were out having a fun and safe time. SOTS members did however come across some drivers that did go a little overboard."
RCMP handed out several tickets including:
- 5 - 90 day IRP's (equivalent to impaired over .08) which includes a 30-day vehicle impound
- 2 - 3 day IRP's which can include a three day vehicle impound
- 1 - 24 hour driving prohibition for drugs
Other violation tickets were also given out:
- 1 Prohibited driver
- 4 Seatbelt infractions
- 3 speeding tickets
- 3 Failing to produce Driver's licences
- 2 Fail to display N
- 1 No insurance
- 2 Cell phone infractions
- 1 Driving contrary to restrictions
- 2 Vehicle defects
"The motoring public are reminded that police will be out every night and every weekend. We want everyone to have a fun summer."
Read more Penticton / S. Okanagan News
- Power outage pastimesWest Kelowna - 9:24 pm
- Students rally for classmateVernon / N. Okanagan - 8:24 pm
- Garage goes up in flamesCentral Okanagan - 4:15 pm
- New property & new partnershipWest Kelowna - 4:45 pm
Town of Oliver
Town of Osoyoos
Town of Keremeos
Regional District Okanagan-Similkameen
Penticton & Wine Country Chamber
Penticton Discussion Forum
District of Summerland
Summerland Chamber & Tourism
School District 67 - Okanagan Skaha
School District 53 - Okanagan Similkameen
Okanagan Regional Library
Township of Hedley