RCMP in the South Okanagan were out in full force Friday night, the first night of Penticton's annual 'Fest of Ale.'
Police say it was a successful enforcement in that there were no 'fatal or serious collisions in the area that night.'
"Enforcement was busier than expected as there was a great deal of traffic in the city celebrating the warmish weather," says Cst. Don Carefoot with South Okanagan Traffic Services.
"People were out having a fun and safe time. SOTS members did however come across some drivers that did go a little overboard."
RCMP handed out several tickets including:
- 5 - 90 day IRP's (equivalent to impaired over .08) which includes a 30-day vehicle impound
- 2 - 3 day IRP's which can include a three day vehicle impound
- 1 - 24 hour driving prohibition for drugs
Other violation tickets were also given out:
- 1 Prohibited driver
- 4 Seatbelt infractions
- 3 speeding tickets
- 3 Failing to produce Driver's licences
- 2 Fail to display N
- 1 No insurance
- 2 Cell phone infractions
- 1 Driving contrary to restrictions
- 2 Vehicle defects
"The motoring public are reminded that police will be out every night and every weekend. We want everyone to have a fun summer."