Penticton and South Okanagan
Storm hits Oliver
Aug 29, 2013 / 4:11 pm
It hit hard and it hit fast.
A storm rolled through the town of Oliver Thursday afternoon.
The rain flooded streets and the wind knocked down trees.
Callum Mathieson was inside his house when the storm hit.
"I heard this pounding noise and I realized it was rain, so I ran up to close my windows. I went outside and I could not see five feet in front of my face because the rain was so heavy."
Mathieson says he saw three trees that were down and he heard of at least one basement being flooded.
Just as quickly as it came, the storm left and the sun came out to dry up most of the streets.
Send flood stories, photos and video to [email protected]
Read more Penticton / S. Okanagan News
City of Penticton
Penticton Discussion Forum
Penticton & Wine Country Chamber
Regional District Okanagan-Similkameen
District of Summerland
Summerland Chamber & Tourism
Town of Oliver
Town of Osoyoos
Town of Keremeos
School District 67 - Okanagan Skaha
School District 53 - Okanagan Similkameen
Okanagan Regional Library
- Peachland home left to burn down Dec 12
- Summerland woman attacked by coyotes Dec 12
- Ice skating in Naramata Dec 12
- New chair & vice chair for school board Dec 11
- School bus keys stolen in Keremeos Dec 11
- Hwy. 97 now open near Oliver Dec 11
- Wild horses take over hwy. & roads Dec 11