A fire destroyed a house in Penticton on Saturday night.
Around 10:30 p.m. emergency crews responded to the south end of Martin street to find a house fully engulfed in flames.
By 11 p.m. the streets were full of bystanders and the fire appeared to be contained to the roof.
Firefighters were inside the house battling stubborn flames that kept igniting the attic area and roof.
Two engines, several RCMP cars and at least one ambulance responded.
Witnesses said they heard the flames from inside the apartment across the street. Then shouting.
They went outside to see the whole front of the house on fire.
RCMP said they were on-site to help maintain the scene.
"There were no reported injuries, everyone in the house got out," one officer said.
One resident of the house, walking around with a cat under one arm and a bag of cat food under the other, said he thought the fire may have been started by a candle.
Another resident said she was in the bath when the fire started and just had time to grab a few items and a sleeping child who was on crutches before escaping.
"No cards, no debit, no clothes, no money - we lost everything," she said.
One cat did perish in the blaze. Firefighters brought it out of the house and tried to revive the animal in the driveway, but it passed away.
Neighbouring homes did not appear to be directly affected by the flames.
If you have pictures or video, send them to [email protected]