34756
34874

Penticton  

Busy week for Summerland Fire Dept.

The Summerland Fire Department had a busy week, dealing with two fires on Wednesday and a third that displaced a family on Thursday morning.

According to Assistant Fire Chief George Pugh, there was a fire in an attached workshop at the back of a house by the roundabout at Prairie Valley Road and Victoria Road, Wednesday morning.

The owner was able to put out most of the flames, so firefighters just needed to mop-up.

There was smoke damage to the inside of the workshop, but the house did not burn.

On Wednesday night, firefighters were called out to deal with a chimney fire on Ward Street. It was not major, and there was no damage or injuries.

Then on Thursday morning, residents of a home on Cartwright Avenue, came home to find their fish tank in the living room on fire, according to Pugh.

When the tank exploded, the water in it put out the fire.

The house was filled with smoke, however, and one family member did complain of smoke inhalation.

He was examined at the scene and not transported to hospital.

Because of the extensive smoke damage, the family of four is now in the care of emergency support services.

 

COMMENTS WELCOME

Comments are pre-moderated to ensure they meet our guidelines. Approval times will vary. Keep it civil, and stay on topic. If you see an inappropriate comment, please use the ‘flag’ feature. Comments are the opinions of the comment writer, not of Castanet. Comments remain open for one day after a story is published and are closed on weekends. Visit Castanet’s Forums to start or join a discussion about this story.



More Penticton News

35336
Recent Trending
31570








Send us your News Tips!


34887


Penticton SPCA Featured Pet

Burnaby
Burnaby Penticton SPCA >


34887


Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
33629