Vernon and North Okanagan
Fire destroys home after crews go home
Feb 7, 2013 / 3:00 pm
A late night fire has destroyed a home in Enderby.
The blaze broke out at 434 Mabel Lake Road around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday evening, and members of the Enderby Fire Department quickly responded. Unfortunately, after the fire had been mopped up, it broke out again early Thursday morning.
“We had a fully involved structure fire and it rekindled,” says Deputy Chief Shane Williamson.
“We had a security team watch the place while we did our mop up and then it rekindled around two-thirty in the morning.”
Williamson is unsure how that happened, but notes that Fire Chief Kevin Alstad returned to the property Thursday morning to possibly conduct an investigation. Calls to Alstad were not immediately returned.
The original fire started in the basement, and four people were able to safely evacuate the home with no injuries reported, but a family pet is still believed as missing.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Robo invasion at the OSC Dec 19
- Salvation Army behind in donations Dec 18
- Trafficking investigation nets six Dec 18
- The Grinch breaks into the Vernon SPCA Dec 17
- Land transfer to the City of Vernon Dec 15
- Give the gift of quality health care Dec 14
- Amazing Grace a special needs dog Dec 13