Big cats on the prowl
Feb 1, 2013 / 3:45 pm
On the wild animal front, on January 9th the RCMP received a report of a cougar sighting on the Salmon River Trail.
Then on January 11th they received a call of a lynx in the Whitevale area.
A local licensed trapper, he set a live trap for the animal and it was captured that same day. The animal has been moved from the area.
Use caution when walking the local trails as wildlife may be encroaching on populated areas due to the recent heavy snowfalls.
Read more North Okanagan News
- Lumby floods; Mayor points finger May 24
- Waters expected to rise in the Shuswap May 21
- Tale of an 'un-happy' happy face May 21
- Trampled stampede rider in hospital May 21
- Arrested after scuffle with cops May 21