Vernon and North Okanagan
Big cats on the prowl
Feb 1, 2013 / 3:45 pm
On the wild animal front, on January 9th the RCMP received a report of a cougar sighting on the Salmon River Trail.
Then on January 11th they received a call of a lynx in the Whitevale area.
A local licensed trapper, he set a live trap for the animal and it was captured that same day. The animal has been moved from the area.
Use caution when walking the local trails as wildlife may be encroaching on populated areas due to the recent heavy snowfalls.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Salmon Arm Dec 10
- Water main breaks in Vernon Dec 10
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5