Reported by: Cpl. H.J. Proce NCO - Lumby RCMP
- Back in November I reported a break and enter into 1701 Mountain View Avenue. Police have now arrested and charged a prolific offender out of Enderby for the offense. Bradley C. Lambert, 29, faces charges of Break & Enter and Possession of Stolen Property in relation to that offense.
- On January 6, police responded to a report of a Break & Enter at 2308 Quesnel Rd. in Lumby. The intruder was discovered by the tenant in her living room. The male fled out the front door when confronted. However, the tenant chose not to press criminal charges against the suspect.
- On January 7 we received a report of a theft from a winter camp site far in the Monashee Mountains. Three Kelowna males had snowmobiled into the area some 40 kms. up Sugar Lake Road and up an FSR. After setting up camp they went skiing in the area. Despite the extremely remote location, someone apparently followed the sled tracks and located the camp. They entered the victim’s tent and stole digital cameras, GPS units, mountaineering jackets, pants and gloves. Police request anyone with information on this theft to contact the Lumby Detachment or Crimestoppers.
- Vernon Search & Rescue came to our assistance for the first time in 2013. On Jan. 7. they located two overdue snowmobilers in the hut up on Park Mountain. The two had been reported overdue shortly before 10 p.m. and it was 3 a.m. before all were safely returned. It appears they ran out of fuel due to the extremely deep snow conditions up there and decided to wait it out in the hut.
- On January 9, we received a report of a cougar sighting on the east end of the Salmon River Trail. The animal was spotted by the creek. The Village will post the trail and local schools were advised. Use caution when walking the local trails as wildlife may be encroaching on populated areas due to the recent heavy snowfalls.