Vernon and North Okanagan
Avalanche control on Hwy. 1
Jan 7, 2013 / 8:54 am
According to Drive BC, avalanche control will be taking place this afternoon along a 17-kilometre stretch of highway 1 near Revelstoke.
The affected area will be 26 km west of Revelstoke, stretching to 9 km west of the town.
Delays of up to two hours are expected, with the work beginning at 2 p.m. and expected to finish by 4 p.m. – no detour is available.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- North Okanagan braces for heavy rain Jun 19
- Driver in crash blows 3x over limit Jun 18
- Foothills' trash attracts problem bear Jun 18
- Tolko responds to teen's death Jun 18
- 'Greeks' investigation team honoured Jun 18
- Trap catches speeders Jun 17
- Two men sought after late night crash Jun 17