Vernon and North Okanagan
Avalanche control on Hwy. 1
Jan 7, 2013 / 8:54 am
According to Drive BC, avalanche control will be taking place this afternoon along a 17-kilometre stretch of highway 1 near Revelstoke.
The affected area will be 26 km west of Revelstoke, stretching to 9 km west of the town.
Delays of up to two hours are expected, with the work beginning at 2 p.m. and expected to finish by 4 p.m. – no detour is available.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Silver Star's own 'Running of the Bulls' Dec 11
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Salmon Arm Dec 10
- Water main breaks in Vernon Dec 10
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6