Vernon and North Okanagan
Vernon Search and Rescue respond
Dec 23, 2012 / 11:18 am
Members of the Vernon Search and Rescue team were called out early this morning after RCMP found fresh tire tracks leaving Mable Lake Road, near Kingfisher.
The tracks went over a steep bank and a vehicle was found resting approximately 60 feet below the road.
Fifteen members of the group answered the call at 1:30 a.m. this morning, and because there were no footprints in the fresh snow, RCMP officers were concerned the driver may still be inside.
Search crews were almost on scene when officers were able to contact the driver, who was safe at home.
His vehicle had slid off the road earlier that day, he had climbed out of the area and was uninjured.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5