Vernon Search and Rescue respond
Dec 23, 2012 / 11:18 am
Members of the Vernon Search and Rescue team were called out early this morning after RCMP found fresh tire tracks leaving Mable Lake Road, near Kingfisher.
The tracks went over a steep bank and a vehicle was found resting approximately 60 feet below the road.
Fifteen members of the group answered the call at 1:30 a.m. this morning, and because there were no footprints in the fresh snow, RCMP officers were concerned the driver may still be inside.
Search crews were almost on scene when officers were able to contact the driver, who was safe at home.
His vehicle had slid off the road earlier that day, he had climbed out of the area and was uninjured.
Read more North Okanagan News
- Body recovered from Shuswap Lake May 14
- Cherryville manhunt May 13
- High water advisory in Shuswap ended May 13
- Auctioneer champs keep tradition alive May 10
- Murder suicide on the Shuswap May 8