Vernon and North Okanagan
Driver found guilty in Hit-and-run
Dec 18, 2012 / 2:19 pm
A man charged with dangerous driving causing death has been found guilty of the crime that ended the life of a 22-year-old woman as she walked along a highway near Vernon, B.C.
Chase Donaldson was also convicted of failing to remain at the accident scene on the night of April 30, 2010.
Keira-Leigh Carlson's parents said they were relieved the driver has been found guilty.
Len Carlson, an RCMP officer, says the verdict brings some closure for his family.
Donaldson, who was believed to be speeding and driving erratically on the night he struck Carlson, will be sentenced on Friday.
He faces a maximum of 14 years behind bars.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Driver in crash blows 3x over limit Jun 18
- Foothills' trash attracts problem bear Jun 18
- Tolko responds to teen's death Jun 18
- 'Greeks' investigation team honoured Jun 18
- Trap catches speeders Jun 17
- Two men sought after late night crash Jun 17
- Lavington mill death - teen ID'd Jun 17