Vernon and North Okanagan
Driver found guilty in Hit-and-run
Dec 18, 2012 / 2:19 pm
A man charged with dangerous driving causing death has been found guilty of the crime that ended the life of a 22-year-old woman as she walked along a highway near Vernon, B.C.
Chase Donaldson was also convicted of failing to remain at the accident scene on the night of April 30, 2010.
Keira-Leigh Carlson's parents said they were relieved the driver has been found guilty.
Len Carlson, an RCMP officer, says the verdict brings some closure for his family.
Donaldson, who was believed to be speeding and driving erratically on the night he struck Carlson, will be sentenced on Friday.
He faces a maximum of 14 years behind bars.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Silver Star's own 'Running of the Bulls' Dec 11
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Salmon Arm Dec 10
- Water main breaks in Vernon Dec 10
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6