Vernon and North Okanagan
Funland fire suspicious
Nov 29, 2012 / 10:23 am
Police in the North Okanagan are investigating what they consider to be a suspicious fire set Sunday night.
The fire caused severe structural damage to the building previously operated by OK Funland Go Karts.
The building, on Westside Road near the intersection with Highway 97, had been abandoned for some time after the business closed.
Reports of the fire were called in about 8:30 p.m. Sunday.
The Okanagan Indian Band Fire Department was on scene and contained the blaze.
RCMP and OKIB fire officials are continuing to investigate the fire which is believed to have been set between 8 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Police are asking anyone who may have information pertaining to a vehicle or persons observed in the area at the time of the fire to contact RCMP or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5