Vernon and North Okanagan
Whitevale water advisory
Nov 21, 2012 / 2:38 pm
The Regional District of North Okanagan, in conjunction with Interior Health (IH), advises customers that the Whitevale Water Utility is under a precautionary Water Quality Advisory.
As a precaution, all customers who receive water from Whitevale Water Utility are on a Water Quality Advisory due to emergency works that are required on the system. It is estimated that the Water Quality Advisory will be in effect for about two weeks. Notification signs will be placed on the incoming roads to the Whitevale subdivision to inform residents of the status of their drinking water.
Until the Water Quality Advisory is rescinded, the following customers should exercise caution when using water for consumption purposes:
- Young children
- People with weakened immune systems. (Customers who are unsure whether their immune system is compromised should discuss with a physician if they should always take these precautions).
For these customers, water intended for the following uses should be boiled for one minute:
- making beverages or ice
- washing fruits and vegetables
- brushing teeth
Customers will be notified as conditions change with road signage, newspaper advertisements and on the RDNO website. If you have any questions about this Water Quality Advisory, please contact the RDNO at 250-550-3700 or check our website.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Silver Star's own 'Running of the Bulls' Dec 11
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Salmon Arm Dec 10
- Water main breaks in Vernon Dec 10
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6