Vernon and North Okanagan
Grindrod crash victim dies
Nov 21, 2012 / 2:44 pm
A 59-year-old Enderby man has died as a result of injuries suffered from what police believe was a hit and run.
John Thomas was found on the side of the road on Highway 97 in Grindrod, just north of Enderby on November 9.
Thomas was found by a passing motorist and taken to hospital with what police called serious head injuries.
He never recovered.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident.
While several people have already been interviewed, police are asking anyone who may know anything about the crash or were in the area and saw a man hitchhiking around 8:20 p.m. Friday, November 9, to contact police.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Driver in crash blows 3x over limit Jun 18
- Foothills' trash attracts problem bear Jun 18
- Tolko responds to teen's death Jun 18
- 'Greeks' investigation team honoured Jun 18
- Trap catches speeders Jun 17
- Two men sought after late night crash Jun 17
- Lavington mill death - teen ID'd Jun 17