Vernon and North Okanagan
Pedestrian struck in crosswalk
Nov 2, 2012 / 12:12 pm
A 19-year-old North Okanagan man is recovering in hospital after he was hit by a vehicle in Armstrong Thursday evening.
The incident occurred shortly after 6 p.m. at the intersection of Wood Avenue and Adair Street after the man had disembarked a transit bus.
The driver of the bus says he saw the man being struck after dropping him off on Adair Street.
Witnesses say the young man was already half way into the crosswalk when he was hit, however, indications are he began crossing without ensuring no vehicles were coming through.
The driver of the vehicle, a 60-year-old Armstrong man, says the first tiem he saw the victim was when he landed on top of his hood.
The victim suffered injuries to his left wrist and right temple.
He is being treated in Vernon Jubilee Hospital for a possible concussion. He also received stitches to his wrist.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Firefighters kept busy in Vernon Dec 8
- Dumpster fires continue to be a problem Dec 8
- RCMP files from Lumby Dec 7
- Stolen goods & drugs seized; 3 arrested Dec 6
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5